Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums COVID-19 and FA A Reminder to Practice Self-Care During COVID-19 Lockdown

• A Reminder to Practice Self-Care During COVID-19 Lockdown

Posted by Kevin Schaefer on March 30, 2020 at 7:00 am

Hey everyone! Hope you’re all staying safe out there.

My name is Kevin Schaefer, and I’m the Forums Director for this site’s parent company. I don’t have FA, but I have another rare disease called spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). You can read about my life and experiences in my column here.

As someone who is also a high-risk patient, I have a lot of concerns for my health during this crisis as well. However, I really like Sean’s latest column about practicing self-care during lockdown. As stressful as this time is, I agree that there are still ways we can tend to our well-being. For me, things like reading, watching movies, writing, and virtual socializing have been keeping me active.

It’s also important to note that Sean is a grocer, and he has every reason to be stressed right now. Whereas other industries are struggling to survive, grocery stores are busier than ever.

This passage really sticks out to me: “Even though life as we know it is in the midst of some chaos, this column’s message is to be diligent in doing what is best for you and your loved ones. We should be putting ourselves first to the extent that we can support and help those around us more effectively.”

Do you have any takeaways from this column? How are you all practicing self-care during isolation?

Kevin Schaefer replied 4 years ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.