• Balance

Posted by Christina Cordaro on December 8, 2021 at 7:55 am

For FA patients, when did you start noticing your balance was “off” and not right?

Recently, I find that my balance is noticeably worse. For instance, I’ve fallen off a chair and couch just by sitting or bending. I’ve also fallen out of my bed when trying to get up.

Does anyone have any tips or solutions to keeping a steady balance/grounding yourself better?

Manu replied 1 year, 10 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Kelly

December 16, 2021 at 7:53 pm

I am 62 and balance was the first FA symptom I noticed around 57 years of age.

I get around the house without the use of an aid but use a walker or a cane outside now. I hold on tight when I go down stairs as I misjudge foot placement quite frequently and use my arms to catch myself if I miss a step and am going to fall.

I use a vibration machine for 10 minutes every 2nd day and think it’s helped tremendously particularly in the early stages of balance loss.

I too would be grateful to learn any tips or tricks that may help with balance

• Manu

June 14, 2022 at 10:30 am

ciao Kelly, non ho capito bene cosa intendi per macchina a vibrazione , puoi darmi piu’ informazioni ? grazie

Emanuela

• Katie Griffith

May 31, 2022 at 1:14 pm

I haven’t ever heard of a vibration machine, Kelly. Is this something you use at home?