Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

For FA patients, when did you start noticing your balance was “off” and not right?

Recently, I find that my balance is noticeably worse. For instance, I’ve fallen off a chair and couch just by sitting or bending. I’ve also fallen out of my bed when trying to get up.

Does anyone have any tips or solutions to keeping a steady balance/grounding yourself better?

Kelly
      Participant

I am 62 and balance was the first FA symptom I noticed around 57 years of age.

I get around the house without the use of an aid but use a walker or a cane outside now. I hold on tight when I go down stairs as I misjudge foot placement quite frequently and use my arms to catch myself if I miss a step and am going to fall.

I use a vibration machine for 10 minutes every 2nd day and think it’s helped tremendously particularly in the early stages of balance loss.

I too would be grateful to learn any tips or tricks that may help with balance

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account