Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums Living With FA Working out in the morning or evening

• Working out in the morning or evening

Posted by frankie-p on June 4, 2019 at 10:06 pm

One of the biggest challenges for me is working out in the afternoon or at night. I would love to be able to workout later in the day but I tend to talk myself out of going aaand I’m tired the most.

Personally, i prefer to workout in the morning before my day starts. I feel better to be honest. What about you?

frankie-p replied 4 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    June 5, 2019 at 9:57 pm

I workout in the afternoon and then take a recovery nap. I wish I could’ve been living in the beach for summers in SoCal.

• frankie-p

June 12, 2019 at 8:38 pm

You’re close enough!

• jonathan

June 7, 2019 at 9:12 am

I’m like you, Frankie. Morning is better for me — especially after plenty of coffee. But since my ticker has been giving me issues, I try to be more cautious now by measuring my heart rate (HR) with an app on my phone. After I climb into my chair but before I drink coffee or take heart meds, I do 3 quick measurements. Any HR over 100 beats per minute (BPM) means I either cancel physical training (PT) or take it really easy. Twice I’ve ignored those warnings and twice my heart spiraled into failure.

Anyway, after coffee and meds (right before PT), I measure HR again with the app. Usually, it’s even better. After PT, like exactly right after, I measure HR again. It’s always over 100 BPM, but that’s expected. I eat a light snack and rest…maybe get 10-20 minute nap.

• frankie-p

June 12, 2019 at 8:40 pm

How is your heart doing? Feeling any better?