Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums Living With FA What approach do you take when thinking about the possible outcomes of the future?

• What approach do you take when thinking about the possible outcomes of the future?

Posted by christina-cordaro on September 13, 2022 at 4:04 pm

I’m sure most of you have heard the news of the passing of Queen Elizabeth II. I recently saw this quote she stated and it made me think a lot about what it is like to live with Friedreich’s Ataxia and the challenges we are faced with.

“When life seems hard, the courageous do not lie down and accept defeat; instead, they are all the more determined to struggle for a better future.”

What is one approach that you take when thinking about the future relating to FA?

christina-cordaro replied 1 year, 5 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • katie-griffith

September 16, 2022 at 9:04 pm

One day at a time!

• michael-long

September 26, 2022 at 9:02 pm

This is a Good question for me to consider everyday – I have a late onset case of FA. at 64 yrs old. My best days ahead for me realizing and recognizing my limitations. I tend to forget/ ignore and take chances with mobility. My goal is to make necessary changes to realize that taking it one day at a time will be a big part of my future with FA.

• christina-cordaro

September 27, 2022 at 7:32 am

Learning what we can and cannot do is key! We can only do/take so much. I’ve learned over the years that it is ojah to ask for help sometimes!

• katie-griffith

September 28, 2022 at 6:48 am

I think setting reasonable goals is important for anyone and then having the courage to make a new goal and try again if the first is “unsuccessful”. We can only succeed if we try, and failing is often part of the learning process.