Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums Living With FA Netflix and chill (while being productive)

• Netflix and chill (while being productive)

Posted by Frankie Perazzola on July 8, 2019 at 3:06 pm

A big part of implementing changes and growth in life is actually implementing change. What an epiphany, right? <— sarcasm

Anyway, Netflix has always been something I associated with relaxing. It’s a mindless activity that I frequently get lost in and get lost in the couch or my bed.

However, I realized how much time I was spending binge watching a series. All that time, I wouldn’t move, I’d eat and be lazy. Also, it’s been a big factor in my weight gain.

BesidesĀ  cutting back dramatically on the minuets I spend watching, I’ve been incorporating stretching and small exercises during my Netflix time. I have 5lb free weights, an exercise ball and a bicep band so I make sure to do something besides sitting still. Nothing too strenuous but enough to break a sweat.

It’s been a couple months now and my whole mood has changed for the better. Not saying this solely changed my life but its made one aspect of my life more productive which helps me feel good overall.

What are some other ways we can be more productive during Netflix or Hulu and chill time? Do you do any kind of activity while watching? Or is this a sacred time for you to relax?

Matteo replied 4 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Egan

July 9, 2019 at 1:05 pm

I like listening to audiobooks during chill times and in bed. A great way to fill in those idle moments!

• Frankie Perazzola

July 9, 2019 at 2:47 pm

Whats your favorite audio book you’ve listened to so far?

• Egan

July 16, 2019 at 7:58 pm

Long (20= Hr) fantasy novels mainly. Audible.com rocks!

• Matt Lafleur

July 9, 2019 at 1:38 pm

@frankie-perazzola, this is a great insight! I’ve thought about this a little, but never really put it together. My goal is to be in my standing frame while watching Netflix. Hopefully lengthening from an episode of The Office to House of Cards to a movie!

But yes, Netflix is tyically a time for being a bum. I hope to change that.

• Matt Lafleur

July 9, 2019 at 1:40 pm

Also this topic title is so funny.

• Matteo

July 16, 2019 at 9:55 am

My couch swallow me! Jokes apart this is a good point, but I am often too tired and lazy. Who knows… Maybe in the future! Mmmh