Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums Living With FA Needing structure in life

• Needing structure in life

Posted by Frankie Perazzola on June 12, 2019 at 9:17 pm

I am definitely the type of person who requires structure in order to maintain a healthy mentality. Meaning, I need someone or something to keep me on track. High school, college or working for a franchise/corporate structure. As much as I love working for myself and setting my own schedule, it gets hard to remain focused. This is just a personal trait of mine but I have accepted it. I had a tough time admitting this because I thought it meant I wasn’t a leader and was incapable of being in charge of a team. But, I soon realized that not the case. Working towards a common goal with others is what I crave and it’s what I enjoy.

What about you? Are you better working alone? Or with others? Do you need some kind of structure?

Robert Rhodes replied 4 years, 10 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Ant Pinkie-Brown

June 13, 2019 at 11:06 am

In general I’m structured too, but structure is only good up to a point. Artistic inspiration comes from an entirely different place.

• Ant Pinkie-Brown

June 13, 2019 at 1:20 pm

I don’t know where your reply went, I’m going to look mad replying to myself!
    What is it they say-you need to know the rules in order to break them. That and kill all your darlings are my two favourite writing sayings.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    June 13, 2019 at 2:29 pm

I’m better structured on my own. I work alone because on multiple occasions I’ve tried working with others and I get disappointed.

• Robert Rhodes

June 18, 2019 at 8:32 pm

In my opinion, structure is a good thing regardless of medical conditions and/or physical ability.

For myself personally, I can work alone or with a group of people. It all depends on the task, time constraints, budget (if applicable), etc.