Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums Living With FA Morning beverage preferences

• Morning beverage preferences

Posted by frankie-p on October 30, 2019 at 9:40 am

In the morning, most of us start off with some type of beverage. Weather it’s coffee, tea, green juice or whatever it is. How do you start your day?

Personally, I’m everywhere with my choices. I enjoy espresso or coffee when I don’t go to the gym early mornings. When I do go to the gym, I have preworkout and I will have some herbal tea when I get home.

How about you? How do you like to start your day? Do you like coffee or are you not a fan of caffeine?

christina-cordaro replied 4 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • christina-cordaro

October 30, 2019 at 1:27 pm

I always need coffee to start my mornings! Then I usually have one around 1pm or 2pm because I get that “afternoon slump”.

• jacko-cardozo

January 28, 2020 at 2:53 pm

I have just started drinking this “Greek mountain tea” after being suggested it by a naturopothist, i did some intense research of my own (as i cant help being a bit of a cynic about most heath related suggestions)

I am actually really exited about this tea, it has a few specific benefits for Ataxia such as nerve damage repair and a high level of antioxidants.
    It also has loads of other great benefits (link attached)

http://www.chaniapost.eu/2017/08/29/the-health-benefits-of-greek-mountain-tea/

it is a great replacement for caffeinated drinks as the make you need to pee more anyway (so boring if you have ataxia)

Hope this is useful!

Jacko

• christina-cordaro

January 28, 2020 at 3:17 pm

@jacko-cardozo thank you for the information regarding Greek Mountain Tea! I’m trying to cut back on caffeine, so this seems like a great alternative!

Do you find the tea helping you? Where do you purchase it (I ask because I have never heard of it)?

Thanks!

• erin-solomon

January 29, 2020 at 10:20 am

I like to have a Dr Pepper! 🙂

• frankie-p

January 29, 2020 at 6:48 pm

Yum!

• jacko-cardozo

February 4, 2020 at 10:25 am

@christina-logan I get it from a nutritionalist but i think you can buy it online.

• christina-cordaro

February 4, 2020 at 10:43 am

@jacko-cardozo good to know! I’ll do some research. Thanks!