Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums Living With FA Medical marijuana Monday: CBD vs THC

• Medical marijuana Monday: CBD vs THC

Posted by frankie-p on December 2, 2019 at 1:48 pm

A lot of questions surround using CBD oil and products versus using products with THC. I hope to alleviate some common questions I hear from parents and those interested in the world of medicinal marijuana. I will do my best to include scientific research as well as my personal experiences and opinions.

CBD (cannabidiol) and THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) both have different effects and uses. CBD products DO NOT GET YOU HIGH. At all. There is no drowsiness or head change when taking CBDs.

”CBD is advertised as providing relief for anxiety, depression and post-traumatic stress disorder. It is also marketed to promote sleep. Part of CBD’s popularity is that it purports to be “nonpsychoactive,” and that consumers can reap health benefits from the plant without the high (or the midnight pizza munchies).“ -NY Times

As someone who has seen medical marijuana clubs/ clinics progress with products and devices over the years , the amount of CBD products that are available now is absolutely insane. CBD usage is safe with children and even pets.

THC is the psychoactive part that gets you high. Although THC and CBD are very similar in molecular structure, they have very different effects. THC is used for: pain relief, sleep, boosted appetite, nausea and various forms of anorexia.
    Article

Are you curious about the effects of both CBD and THC? Do you have any general questions? Have you tried either? Please share your experience below🙌🏼

frankie-p replied 4 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.