Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums Assistive Device Usage Getting new parts for my wheelchair has been a nightmare- Is it always a mess?

• Getting new parts for my wheelchair has been a nightmare- Is it always a mess?

Posted by Frankie Perazzola on August 30, 2019 at 6:00 pm

Currently, I have a TiLite wheelchair and had to order new parts for my upcoming trip to Italy. I ordered new wheels, anti-tip bars, clothes guards(not sure what they’re called but they prevent the wheels from ruining your clothes), frog legs for my front tires and a new custom foot plate.

I went to a local vendor here (big mistake) that deals with the sale of wheelchairs and other assistive devices. I thought I lucked out because they order the parts and come to your house and install in your wheelchair parts but the whole process has just been a nightmare.

It’s definitely been a learning experience and I am not saying all companies are like this, just this one specifically I had a bad experience. My mom and I went in around 2 months ago to get a consult. I was instructed they had a wheelchair expert who would come to my house and fit me in my chair.

Took a few weeks to schedule my at-home fitting but I was told not to stress because everything would be here in time. Long story short, I got 3/5 things I ordered including my wheels (which are bad ass) but the others didn’t make it. The “expert” wasn’t equipped, always late, never called me or picked up my calls and NOW my chair doesn’t fit because the tires are bigger but he didn’t consider i need spacers to extend the chair?

Does anyone else run into these problems?

replied 4 years, 7 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.