Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums Living With FA Getting a Recumbent Trike

• Getting a Recumbent Trike

Posted by matt-lafleur on February 26, 2019 at 8:31 am

My friend @jesusr asked me how I went about getting my recumbent trike, and I thought it would be a good topic for the forums!

First off, my recumbent trike is one of the best things I own.It’s helped me physically, as exercise of course. But it has also helped me mentally…it’s given me so much confidence!

There are rentable facilities, if you are near one. My friend who lives in Portland doesn’t own one, but rents one from the large sports complex near his home. I live in southern Louisiana, so am nowhere near a place that rents them. I’d have to purchase one to use one regularly.

Unfortunately, recumbent trikes are very expensive, and my insurance coverage wouldn’t help me out at all. So I knew I had to spend a lot of my savings!

I called bicycle stores to find one that carried recumbent trike. The closest store to me was Houston, so I traveled there. Not knowing what I was looking for, the salesman there helped to measure me for a trike and get me everything I need!

If you are considering getting a trike for yourself, I greatly encourage you to look into it!

Deleted User replied 5 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    February 26, 2019 at 2:41 pm

Good stuff bro! I’m searching…