• Posted by Lake Denk on March 11, 2019 at 4:20 pm

I grew up in a family where if anything was hard it would just be pushed under the rug. Ever since I was diagnosed 16 years ago I’ve been that hard thing in my family. I look at everybody on here and in the fa community and I see a lot of support with your families. Being an ambassador for FARA, I should be going to fundraisers and meeting the community more but I wouldn’t have a group that supported me. I know this community does but it’s just not the same. I think I would just be embarrassed which is weird for me to say because anyone that knows me knows that I don’t get embarrassed easily.

Lake Denk replied 5 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Matt Lafleur

March 12, 2019 at 9:45 am

You are my sister now.Sorry for breaking it to you this way. You ever want a family reunion on the Louisiana bayous, hit me up!

• Clester

March 20, 2019 at 3:47 pm

My wife’s family is beyond sick.
    Her dad lives less than 2 miles away and is lucky if he visits for no more than 10 minutes twice a year . her mom lives an hour and a half away and is lucky if she visits once a year. Her sister lives by her mom and hasn’t visited in over 3 years. Now her one daughter is literally trying to kill her through neglect. I was forced to leave because I confronted her about it and since she owned the house. I try as much as I can to get her away from there as much as I can but that is hard since I have lost everything I had trying to be there for her. I told her parents what her daughter was doing and they just don’t care at all.
    For an example .. Her daughter invited to live there a drug dealer . the house smells like pot every day. She only gets about half her meds. She only gets to the bathroom once a day. List goes on…..
    I am 51 and have a hernia and had a small stroke in January. I’ve been talking to everyone I can about it and no one cares. Really is sick how bad society has gotten.
    We have been forced into our last option which is saving a few thousand for a box trailer to convert into a camper to live in. No I’m not exaggerating or joking.

• Matt Lafleur

March 20, 2019 at 8:54 pm

That’s really awful man. Hang in there guys. I see you are into boating. Are you ever around Louisiana?

• Clester

March 23, 2019 at 1:13 pm

We are from ohio. But once we get going in our trailer Louisiana is one place we want to go. The boat unfortunately is one thing that I had to get rid of last fall.

• Lake Denk

March 24, 2019 at 5:06 pm

I am glad I have another brother! I would love to actually hang in Nola!