• Cold feet

Posted by Frankie Perazzola on November 14, 2019 at 2:05 pm

Cold feet with those who have FA is extremely common. Sometimes it can be unbearable and throw off my entire day. When I work from my desk I have a small heater I keep there. Also, I run the hot water on my fu before I take a shower.

What are some ways you keep your feet warm? Any sock recommendations?

Clester replied 4 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Christina Cordaro

November 15, 2019 at 9:35 am

I usually double up on socks or soak my feet in warm water with Epsom salt!

• jacko Cardozo

November 19, 2019 at 11:15 am

you can buy little foot warmers on ebay, stick em to socks inside shoes, also worth investing in some proper wool lined boots or slippers

• Clester

November 19, 2019 at 11:19 am

There is a saying with outdoor type people, in cold weather …… “cotton kills”. Use as high a wool content sock as you can find. Preferably Marino wool. Or alpaca wool.
    The oils from your body and the moisture in the air are absorbed by cotton and causes them to become cold. Wools naturally keep that from happening.
    One time when I was a scout master of a boy scout troop(a troop that I started) ,we were on a winter outing(2 feet of snow) and a boys boots sole litteraly came apart and I had to carry him to the camp sight to warm him up and on the way I didn’t notice (because of the snow), a small stream that I stepped in and completely soaked my foot. I carried him to the campsight about a mile and a half in the cold snow with a soaked foot and because I was wearing wool socks my foot didn’t even slightly get cold. When I took them off to dry out there was steam coming from them.
    With a good wool blanket you can curl up in it in 0 degree Fahrenheit weather and lay in the snow and be nice and cozy warm. I know, I tried it once just to see.
    Wool is considerably more expensive but for warmth it can’t hardly be beaten. New age materials are ok too but I prefer wool myself, and both are expensive for good ones.
    Just stay away from cotton.
    Even in hot weather wool will keep you cooler than cotton.
    One bad thing with wool is if you drag your feet on the floor they can build up static electricity so you have to take precautions when you are going to work on the computer.

• Clester

November 19, 2019 at 11:33 am

On a side note along those lines. If you have a dog. I’ve seen people put blankets in the dog houses during the winter. Real bad idea. Absolutely can kill a dog and have seen it happen. Use straw, wool blanket or wool bedding material. you you can get it from a farmer or tractor supply company. Straw works like wool. Insulates and keeps moisture away from you. In emergencies you can find and use tall hollow type grasses for insulation.
    It’s why farmers don’t like too many deer…. They trample down the crops to make a bed because of the insulating properties of the plants for warmth in winter and cool in summer.