Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums Living With FA Biggest hesitations on getting involved with the FA community

• Biggest hesitations on getting involved with the FA community

Posted by frankie-p on February 8, 2019 at 2:04 pm

When I was first diagnosed, I spent the next 3-4 months drinking heavy and feeling sorry for myself. Not to sure of what happened but I had the inclination to attend a symposium and sign up for a clinical trial. To be honest, I think it was fear. The fear of the unknown and the fear of “no cure.” I had never been to a doctor before and been told “there’s nothing we can do.” 3-4 months is not a long time and I understand that. For many of my friends, it took years and THAT’S OKAY.

What are some of the things that have discouraged or currently discourage you from getting involved with the community?

Deleted User replied 5 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    February 10, 2019 at 5:26 pm

To me it’s not knowing where to start as far as making friends. For me I started my FA journey when I was a freshman in high school. I knew alot of people but didn’t have close friends. Especially those in the FA community. To me that’s a big hesitation I have to not join the FA community.

• frankie-p

February 11, 2019 at 2:52 pm

Totally understandable.Would it be something you would want to join in now? Or do you like just being an observer? Im just curious.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    February 13, 2019 at 2:01 pm

I would love to join! I’ve been an observer for too long now I want to join the fun. Lol.