Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I didn’t get a chance to share my column with you all this week so here it is. ARTICLE I wrote about the influence my godchild and her brother have on my life. I love being an aunt and a godmother.

I have always wanted to have a bunch of kids myself. Realistically, I know this is almost financially impossible nowadays but regardless, I always dreamed of becoming a mom. After I was diagnosed with FA, all I have done is doubt myself and convince myself that I am incapable of raising children.

Do you have experience in parenthood? Do you have doubts if you will be able to care for your child?

Cameron
      Participant

Hi, your article was beautifully written. I can tell you parenting is hard work. Very hard. Yes, it’s physically demanding. Sleepless nights, days filled with activities, making lunch, baths, kids to school, etc etc! Lol

But, I can tell you from experience it’s only 10% physical. The rest is 90% mental. This applies to anyone whether or not they have a disability. Kids need constant attention and guidance. And not everyone is cut out for it.

And, I’ve noticed everyone has challenges – some financial, some mental, others have substance abuse, and we have a physical challenge.

So, that’s my perspective. A disability doesn’t determine the ability to be a great parent. And, believe me, kids don’t really care if you can’t go surfing or ice skating!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account